Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

langevin piezoelectric transducer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on piezoelectric langevin transducer. I have few queries, if entertained will be highly obliged. I am using COMSOL 5.1.I used the bolt with no thread from application libraries for prestressing. Without prestressing impedance curve seems good and with good agreement with the values calculated by eigen solution, but when I use Pre Tension bolt option in solid mechanics and then apply frequency domain study the displacements are large enough and also the impedance curve is not looking good.
I have also applied pre-stressed study but in the example of tonzipil pre-stressed transducer I read that this study is only used when the resultant solution results are much smaller than the stationary solver. So for this reason pre-stressed study in of no use.
I have also introducer damping and dielectric losses for piezoelectric discs.
My question is for displacement should I take” w “ or “solid.disp”” for actual displacement ?Keep in mind that piezoelectric disc is polarized in z direction
How to check the effect of prestress using frequency domain?
Waiting for kind help. Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 24.10.2015, 01:09 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Asim Khan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.