Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with heat-transfer test case

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hullo everybody.

I have a problem with a simple heat transfer test case; please find attached the input file (for version 4.3a).
It is a 2D axy-symmetric problem, with a torus representing a coil defined as a heat source, and a screen.
when I try to run the solver, I get the error " Segregated solver steps do not involve all components".
What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Alessandro

2 Replies Last Post 01.10.2015, 08:40 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 01.10.2015, 08:10 GMT-4
Hi Alessandro,

try to check if all variables are defined in the segregated node of the solver configuration - you should have the variables T and J defined in two separate segregated steps. If not, just define them and should work.

Francesco
Hi Alessandro, try to check if all variables are defined in the segregated node of the solver configuration - you should have the variables T and J defined in two separate segregated steps. If not, just define them and should work. Francesco

Posted: 9 years ago 01.10.2015, 08:40 GMT-4

Thank you Francesco, that problem is now solved.

There is another problem, though. Now the model works only if the power of the heat source is not too high (approximately up to 700 W). If I try to use higher values (for example 800W) the solver crashes. Is there something wrong in the model (attached below)?

A.
Thank you Francesco, that problem is now solved. There is another problem, though. Now the model works only if the power of the heat source is not too high (approximately up to 700 W). If I try to use higher values (for example 800W) the solver crashes. Is there something wrong in the model (attached below)? A.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.