Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting Probe Measurements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,
This seems like it should be a simple answer, but I'm having trouble. I have a permeability model set up using Darcy's Law. I have a transient step function to change pressures throughout the sample. On each end of the sample I have a probe to monitor pressure. I want to do a parametric sweep and then plot the pressures that are recorded at the probe.

I've selected "Accumulated probe table" so that I am recording the results from each parameter in to a table. However, results are simply appended to the end of the table. What I would rather see is a new column created for each parameter that was run. This would allow for a cleaner plot at the end, with each parameter value being it's own series.

Is there another way to do this? I'd like to have comsol give me nice plots rather than needing to adjust the tables in excel afterward.

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 14.09.2015, 09:11 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 14.09.2015, 09:11 GMT-4
Hi,

Instead of using probes, use variables. That is, define two variables for the two respective places that you want to know the pressure. You have to define some coupling operation in order to select the domains that you want. Try one of the coupling operations (average, integral...) to do so. Once that is done write the expressions as variables. These will update with the times you want in the output. So be careful with the times you want to calculate the solution for.

In the end, just set up a plot group. You can choose a global graph. In there just write the variables in the expression box. Then you should be able to have a graph for all solutions separately just like when you do a parametric sweep of a variable calculated by the physics in use.
Hi, Instead of using probes, use variables. That is, define two variables for the two respective places that you want to know the pressure. You have to define some coupling operation in order to select the domains that you want. Try one of the coupling operations (average, integral...) to do so. Once that is done write the expressions as variables. These will update with the times you want in the output. So be careful with the times you want to calculate the solution for. In the end, just set up a plot group. You can choose a global graph. In there just write the variables in the expression box. Then you should be able to have a graph for all solutions separately just like when you do a parametric sweep of a variable calculated by the physics in use.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.