Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two phase darcy law

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am using transient two phase darcy law for resin impregnation through a porous material. The porous medium (rectangular block) of certain porosity and permeability contains cylindrical porous tubes of a different porosity and permeability. The purpose is to study flow front variation in the inter-cylinder and within the cylindrical bodies simultaneously.
The entry of resin occurs at prescribed pressure and saturation while at the outlet vacuum is applied. All other surfaces of the rectangular block have no flux condition. The surfaces of the cylindrical tubes have NO FLUX condition as NOT APPLICABLE. No other boundary condition is specified for these tube surfaces.
The simulation runs into singularity error only after 0.06 seconds. I have attached the simulation file here for further review. Please revert with any possible solutions to this issue.

1 Reply Last Post 12.10.2015, 11:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bachchan Mishra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 12.10.2015, 11:02 GMT-4
hi,guys,i'm interesting in this problem, we can talk about it, my email is simu_ru@foxmail.com!
hi,guys,i'm interesting in this problem, we can talk about it, my email is simu_ru@foxmail.com!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.