Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I am trying to model a perforated panel in impedance tube.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

My name is Hwa Young, Song, I'm a Korea student in acoustics (from seoul national university of science and technology)

I am trying to model a perforated panel in impedance tube. (refer to attached file).
But i have the problems with the absorption coefficient(alpha) and reflection coefficient(R).

I have defined the variables in below
p_i : 1[Pa]*exp(-i*acpr.k*x)
p_r : p - p_i
R : p_r / p_i
alpha : 1-abs(R)^2

But my results don't look like as absorption coefficient

I also tried different variables and i still got different results..
Could someone check the correct variables?
and did someone tried something similar and help me?
I hope you will have time to answer and to help me to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 08.07.2016, 13:28 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Song Hwa Young

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 08.07.2016, 13:28 GMT-4
Hi~~

I'm the student from National Taiwan University.

My subject is also needed to build impedance tube for acoustic absorption under water condition.

But we have the same problem.

That's our experiment results didn't match the simulation.

So I curious ,after one year later.

Have you solved the problem yet??

Or you're still working on this project.

I deeply hope you can reply this message, if you're willing to do so.

That can help us very much.
Hi~~ I'm the student from National Taiwan University. My subject is also needed to build impedance tube for acoustic absorption under water condition. But we have the same problem. That's our experiment results didn't match the simulation. So I curious ,after one year later. Have you solved the problem yet?? Or you're still working on this project. I deeply hope you can reply this message, if you're willing to do so. That can help us very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.