Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to integrate a coil of a peculiar shape build in COMSOL to a circuit made in Electric circuit Physics Module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to do modelling of circuits with different coil structures, for this I have made some coil geometries now I want to integrate them in the electric circuit, is it possible to do so in COMSOL, that means in spite of using inductor component in circuit I use my coil as Inductor?
I am using 4.3 version of the software.

1 Reply Last Post 12.08.2015, 09:54 GMT-4
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 12.08.2015, 09:54 GMT-4
Hi,

Please refer to the following two examples from the Applications Gallery which demonstrate the coupling between the FEA model (of capacitor and inductor) to the Electrical Circuits components respectively.

1. Inductor coupling with electrical circuit:
www.comsol.com/model/inductor-in-an-amplifier-circuit-990

2. Capacitor coupling with electrical circuit:
www.comsol.com/model/transient-modeling-of-a-capacitor-in-a-circuit-12695

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
Hi, Please refer to the following two examples from the Applications Gallery which demonstrate the coupling between the FEA model (of capacitor and inductor) to the Electrical Circuits components respectively. 1. Inductor coupling with electrical circuit: http://www.comsol.com/model/inductor-in-an-amplifier-circuit-990 2. Capacitor coupling with electrical circuit: http://www.comsol.com/model/transient-modeling-of-a-capacitor-in-a-circuit-12695 Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.