Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About the color scale bar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I have a question about color scale bar in the final simulation results.
After I finished the simulation I can get a linear color scale bar.
I plan to change this linear color scale bar to the logarithmic color bar.
But I did not find the way to do it.
Could you please tell me how to do it. Do I need to do something in the postprocessing

Thanks,
Hongyi Mi

3 Replies Last Post 17.01.2017, 12:41 GMT-5
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 24.07.2015, 12:15 GMT-4
Hongui,

Just type log10(u) to plot variable "u" in the logarithmic color scale.

Regards,
Sergei
Hongui, Just type log10(u) to plot variable "u" in the logarithmic color scale. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 9 years ago 25.07.2015, 21:18 GMT-4
It works.
Thanks very much, Sergei.
It works. Thanks very much, Sergei.

Posted: 8 years ago 17.01.2017, 12:41 GMT-5
Hi,
I have the same question, but disagree that the answer supplied is sufficient. This changes all the data to a log scale, rather than plotting the linear data on a standard log scale. I think what is needed is something like the "y-axis log scale" checkbox on the 1d plot group.
Using the log10(y) modifier makes the data appear like 1e-4.435 rather than 3.672e-5 (which is the normal way to view this value).
thanks,
-Arne
Hi, I have the same question, but disagree that the answer supplied is sufficient. This changes all the data to a log scale, rather than plotting the linear data on a standard log scale. I think what is needed is something like the "y-axis log scale" checkbox on the 1d plot group. Using the log10(y) modifier makes the data appear like 1e-4.435 rather than 3.672e-5 (which is the normal way to view this value). thanks, -Arne

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.