Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to give input acoustic pressure to the inlet of a Helmholtz resonator to verify the acoustic pressure inside the resonator- help please

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am verifying the acoustic pressure inside a Helmholtz resonator of thickness 0.5cm with a neck of length 3cm, radius 1.3cm and cavity of radius 6cm, length 30cm. How to give an input sound pressure to the inlet of the resonator to verify the acoustic acoustic pressure inside it at its first eigen frequency.I used plane wave radiation and incident pressure field to give an input pressure of 20 Pa in the z direction. But the total acoustic pressure inside is given as 1.51 Pa maximum towards the end of the cavity. How can it be possible since the resonator will collect more pressure inside.

It will be really helpful if anybody can help
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Pankaj

2 Replies Last Post 29.10.2015, 13:21 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pankaj Shivhare

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Muhammad Hatifi Mansor

Posted: 9 years ago 28.10.2015, 11:11 GMT-4
Hi
You can create another domain in front of your HR and introduce that domain as a Plane wave source. You also need to use the edge of that domain and introduce as a radiation boundary or you can use perfect match layer (PML). first try with 1 pa to excite the HR and do the frequency sweep.

I hope that can help you.

Cheers
Hi You can create another domain in front of your HR and introduce that domain as a Plane wave source. You also need to use the edge of that domain and introduce as a radiation boundary or you can use perfect match layer (PML). first try with 1 pa to excite the HR and do the frequency sweep. I hope that can help you. Cheers

Posted: 9 years ago 29.10.2015, 13:21 GMT-4
Thank you sir
Thank you sir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.