Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

QUESTION

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
If I have a parameter defined as 'Para' used in an Auxiliary sweep (stationary study) as followis:-

Para=[0,0.1,1]
This is used to introduce body load of as: -80 [kN]*Paara

When study is changed to Time dependent. This requires t=[ initial: step: final] values...

Now to include rotation in the time dependent study, a Rotating frame node (and Prescribed velocity in rolling direction, I dont know why this is necessary in COMSOL 5.1? Since the earlier already specifies rpm,rads/s etc).

My questions are:
i) How can I simulate such that Para=1 ( i.e. total body load exerted) before rotation starts with and without ramping rotating speed?
ii) How can I simulate rotation of a body at a specified speed without ramping over a specified distance?
iii) Are questions i) and ii) possible in stationary study? Or must it be time dependent once rotation is included?
iv) Finally is there any other parameter besides body load that needs to be introduced using Auxiliary sweep?

Thank you
MB

0 Replies Last Post 13.07.2015, 22:50 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammed B

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.