Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in mphplot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I recently switched to COMSOL 5.1 on our Debian system, but when using it with MATLAB, I get a quite odd error.

Basically everything seems to work well, but when I try to plot some result using mphplot, I get the following error:

----------------------------------------
Error using strcmp
Too many input arguments.

Error in mphplot/l_getPT (line 485)

Error in mphplot/geomedgeplot (line 289)

Error in mphplot (line 223)
----------------------------------------

Other functions like mphgeom or mphmesh do not cause a problem. I also tried the same code on two different installations, one Windows and one Ubuntu and in both other cases it works.

So did anybody experience a similar problem and do you have some suggestions that I can try to fix it?

Thanks already in advance.

Best,
Hannes

4 Replies Last Post 22.07.2015, 14:36 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 16.07.2015, 16:03 GMT-4
I'm also having this problem. Did you find a solution?
I'm also having this problem. Did you find a solution?

Posted: 9 years ago 17.07.2015, 08:47 GMT-4
Not yet, but we contacted the Support and I will post again as soon as we have a solution.
Not yet, but we contacted the Support and I will post again as soon as we have a solution.

Posted: 9 years ago 22.07.2015, 06:23 GMT-4
Hi,

apparently it is a problem of the mphplot.p script in the COMSOL installation. The Support sent us an updated one for our installation to replace the old one. So if you contact them they should help you.

Best,
Hannes
Hi, apparently it is a problem of the mphplot.p script in the COMSOL installation. The Support sent us an updated one for our installation to replace the old one. So if you contact them they should help you. Best, Hannes

Posted: 9 years ago 22.07.2015, 14:36 GMT-4
Thanks so much! I will reach out to them!
Thanks so much! I will reach out to them!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.