Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I find it very hard to connect the new comsole version 4.0 to matlab. Eventhough I start Comsole with Matlad, it is just Matlab that starts. I try to start comsol via Matlab but they still doesn't seem to be connected? Please, Can someone help me with this?
thanks

3 Replies Last Post 19.08.2010, 02:18 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.08.2010, 06:38 GMT-4
I have the same problem, I cannot open Comsol 4.0a with Matlab (R2009b), only Matlab starts, so when I try to run the Comsol code, it doesn't work as it cannot connect to Comsol properly.

Any idea about, what we have missed? Is there anything needs to be set after installation to open Comsol with Matlab?

Thanks in advance,
Elif

I have the same problem, I cannot open Comsol 4.0a with Matlab (R2009b), only Matlab starts, so when I try to run the Comsol code, it doesn't work as it cannot connect to Comsol properly. Any idea about, what we have missed? Is there anything needs to be set after installation to open Comsol with Matlab? Thanks in advance, Elif

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.08.2010, 10:02 GMT-4
It took me an hour to find out how to do it. Not very clear I agree too.

The order is like this:

1. Run comsol server
2. Run Comsol with matlab
3. Run Comsol (usual comsol interface)

4. If you want the results in Matlab from your model in comsol, you first "export to server" from Comsol. Then, import it with matlab codes.

If you know a better way let me know too :)
It took me an hour to find out how to do it. Not very clear I agree too. The order is like this: 1. Run comsol server 2. Run Comsol with matlab 3. Run Comsol (usual comsol interface) 4. If you want the results in Matlab from your model in comsol, you first "export to server" from Comsol. Then, import it with matlab codes. If you know a better way let me know too :)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.08.2010, 02:18 GMT-4
Hi there,

Yes, this works for me too, and I guess this is the simplest way to do it... eventhough I think it is a rather long process :)
Have a nice day!
Hi there, Yes, this works for me too, and I guess this is the simplest way to do it... eventhough I think it is a rather long process :) Have a nice day!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.