Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

volume averaged concentration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am working with a 2D axisymmetric geometry of the arterial wall. I am solving transport of diluted species (time dependent). I would like to compute the volume averaged concentration of the eluted drug in each of the layers of the arterial wall, at any instant. How can I do this?

I attach the equation.

Thanks in advance,

Javier

2 Replies Last Post 02.07.2015, 06:56 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 29.06.2015, 07:09 GMT-4
Hi

Use the volume integration and divide it by the volume which you get by integrating the "variable" 1 over the domain.

Lasse
Hi Use the volume integration and divide it by the volume which you get by integrating the "variable" 1 over the domain. Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 02.07.2015, 06:56 GMT-4
Thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards.

Javier
Thank you very much for your reply. Best regards. Javier

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.