Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to import concentration text data in comsol and run with it?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using COMSOL to run a chemical reaction for more than 80days whose data is pretty big and alway run out of memory.

So I want to run it 10 days by 10 days seperately. In this way, I plan to export the concentration data every time, then import the concentration file to a new comsol file and run with the distribution of concentration as the initial point.

How could I achive that?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

1 Reply Last Post 20.03.2017, 08:49 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yuanxun Shao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 20.03.2017, 08:49 GMT-4
Hi,

I may be a bit late.

I assume you want to know the format of the imported file for COMSOL.
Plus, your data is generated by other software, and you just need to know what the correct imported format, the answer is shown as following:

% column_header_1 column_header_2 column_header_3
1 2 3
1 2 3
1 2 3

a. The line begins with % means the header row. Data should not begin with %. It’s ok to not have it.
b. Columns are separated by either “tab” or “space”.
c. Each row is separated by “enter”
Hi, I may be a bit late. I assume you want to know the format of the imported file for COMSOL. Plus, your data is generated by other software, and you just need to know what the correct imported format, the answer is shown as following: % column_header_1 column_header_2 column_header_3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 a. The line begins with % means the header row. Data should not begin with %. It’s ok to not have it. b. Columns are separated by either “tab” or “space”. c. Each row is separated by “enter”

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.