Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to mesh a netted block with very small hole inside big block?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I am using comsol 5 and It has been 3 days I am trying to mesh a structure with big aspect ratio. I know there has been other discussion in this respect but my structure has differences with others. Simply it is a rectangular channel with a vertical netted surface in center which the flow should be able to go through the small holes of this netted vertical surface. this holes are about 1um*1um and the whole structure is about 1mm*1mm*200um.
when I am trying to mesh the whole structure together I get this error:
Mesh error (ftet1): Failed to generate mesh for domain.
Formed union of 34 solid objects.
Finalized geometry has 34 domains, 204 boundaries, 408 edges, and 272 vertices.
when I try to make subdomain and mesh one after another I still get error. I even tried to built an intermediate block between the small and the big block but still get errors.
is there anyone who can help me in this regard? I really appreciate it.
thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 23.05.2015, 18:53 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seiran Khaledian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.