Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

effective permittivity calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

dear all,

i am trying to calculate the relative permittivity (frequency dependand in COMSOL 4.4) of a double shell cell, which consists of 4 different layers circulary arranged (2d). The cell is obviously between a pair of electrodes.

Now, my question is, how to i manage to calculate the effective permittivity of all the cell for each frequency.

Thanks in advice

1 Reply Last Post 21.04.2015, 06:19 GMT-4
Vivien Van Kerckhoven

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 21.04.2015, 06:19 GMT-4
Hey,

I m working on the same kind of problem, trying to determine the effective permittivity of a nanowires array.

For this, I apply an electric field in a specified direction. Then, I integrated the obtained polarization in the direction of the electric field, and do the same with the electric field. Dividing those two quantities gives the susceptibility (you have to correct by a factore \epsilon_0), and then the effective permittivity.

If you look for the effective permittivity in a specified region, the integration has to be done in that region ....
Hey, I m working on the same kind of problem, trying to determine the effective permittivity of a nanowires array. For this, I apply an electric field in a specified direction. Then, I integrated the obtained polarization in the direction of the electric field, and do the same with the electric field. Dividing those two quantities gives the susceptibility (you have to correct by a factore \epsilon_0), and then the effective permittivity. If you look for the effective permittivity in a specified region, the integration has to be done in that region ....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.