Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry inside another geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

İ just started working on Comsol and going through the basic tutorials. The problem i am encountering at the moment is let's say i am working on 2D ( i have similar issues in 3D). İ create a rectangle and place it inside a circle. Now if i want to perform any operation like Boolean, transform etc, i am not able to select the rectangle. Only circle is being highlighted, The tutorial videos do not encounter this issue. One solution is using the hiding ribbon but why is this happening in the first place? İ am having this problem in both Version 4.4 and v5.

Thanks

Hamza

5 Replies Last Post 12.04.2015, 06:51 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 06.04.2015, 03:03 GMT-4
Hi

If you use the Select List you see the all possible choices at each level, object, domain, boundary. Choosing Select List is in the main ribbon, More Windows. I have encountered your problem as well, but Selection List allows for choosing inner geometries.

br
Lasse

Hi If you use the Select List you see the all possible choices at each level, object, domain, boundary. Choosing Select List is in the main ribbon, More Windows. I have encountered your problem as well, but Selection List allows for choosing inner geometries. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 09.04.2015, 15:38 GMT-4
Thanks,
it worked but i noticed it is confusing like sometimes 'select and hide ' button was not responding. İ found the select box option easier.

But i wonder why does it happen?

Best Regards

Hamza
Thanks, it worked but i noticed it is confusing like sometimes 'select and hide ' button was not responding. İ found the select box option easier. But i wonder why does it happen? Best Regards Hamza

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 09.04.2015, 18:00 GMT-4

I still find it easier to use the older left-right-click method. This can be set in the preferences. Probably just a matter of taste and because I got used to it over many years.
Ah, to explain: You have to do a series of left clicks until the desired feature gets highlighted and then you select it with a right click. Sometimes it is required to zoom in to get the wanted thing highlighted.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I still find it easier to use the older left-right-click method. This can be set in the preferences. Probably just a matter of taste and because I got used to it over many years. Ah, to explain: You have to do a series of left clicks until the desired feature gets highlighted and then you select it with a right click. Sometimes it is required to zoom in to get the wanted thing highlighted. -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago 10.04.2015, 15:15 GMT-4
To add on to what Edgar said, you can also use your mouse wheel to quickly move through all possible selections beneath your cursor until you get the desired domain as opposed to multiple left clicks.
To add on to what Edgar said, you can also use your mouse wheel to quickly move through all possible selections beneath your cursor until you get the desired domain as opposed to multiple left clicks.

Posted: 9 years ago 12.04.2015, 06:51 GMT-4
thanks alot
thanks alot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.