Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

the maximum concentration of metal oxyde

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have question on the surface reaction

I have done a model on Metal oxidation reaction and diffusion process.
and I have get some results on the concentraion of metal oxyde.
but the concentration of metal oxyde on the surface of metal can vary from small to very large number, whihc is larger than the maximum value. it is impossible in nature.

the question is how to control the concentraion under the maximum value in the reaction and diffusion process.

thanks

2 Replies Last Post 31.03.2015, 08:34 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 31.03.2015, 07:57 GMT-4
Use a reversible reaction with an equilibrium constant that prevents too high concentration:

rate = kf*c_O*c_M - kb*c_MO

Since the activity of pure solid metal is 1, this reduces to

rate = kf*c_O - kb*c_MO

and the equilibrium constant is K = kf/kb where kf and kb are the forward and backward reaction rate constants.

Lasse
Use a reversible reaction with an equilibrium constant that prevents too high concentration: rate = kf*c_O*c_M - kb*c_MO Since the activity of pure solid metal is 1, this reduces to rate = kf*c_O - kb*c_MO and the equilibrium constant is K = kf/kb where kf and kb are the forward and backward reaction rate constants. Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 31.03.2015, 08:34 GMT-4
thanks,

I know the problem is from the false constant.
thank you very much.
thanks, I know the problem is from the false constant. thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.