Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrating the hydrodynamic stresss tensor and maxwell stress tensor over the particle surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm going to model 2D particles inside the microchannel filled with an incompressible and newtonian fluid with an electric field applied.
since i read so many paper using comsol to simulate that,those said that DEP force and hydrodynamic force can be obtain by integrating the maxwell stress tensor and hydrodynamic stress tensor over the particle surface, respectively.
in this case,i have no idea how to do that?
should i go to boundary integration coupling variable?if so, how to input the expression for that force?

furthermore,I also need to define the velocity, translation and rotation of the particle, in this case how can i do that?

1 Reply Last Post 14.06.2014, 01:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Widya Apriari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.06.2014, 01:55 GMT-4
Hello
I also want to know how to input the expression for that force (using maxwell stress tensor)
if you have some idea , you can have a discuss with me

Best regards!
Hello I also want to know how to input the expression for that force (using maxwell stress tensor) if you have some idea , you can have a discuss with me Best regards!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.