Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting Impedance ...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, could anybody help me how to set an impedance of the conductor, I mean how to allot an impedance value to a conductor...

3 Replies Last Post 12.03.2015, 04:44 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 10.03.2015, 19:32 GMT-4
Right-click boundaries in the model builder and choose impedance boundary condition. Then select the conducting surface (or edge) in your geometry and add it to that selection box.
Right-click boundaries in the model builder and choose impedance boundary condition. Then select the conducting surface (or edge) in your geometry and add it to that selection box.

Posted: 9 years ago 10.03.2015, 23:51 GMT-4
Thanks for the reply, it worked.
Thanks for the reply, it worked.

Posted: 9 years ago 12.03.2015, 04:44 GMT-4
Hello Robert, I did what you said but now the problem is when i make selections in the impedance boundary condition they are 'not applicable'. The file is attached could you just check and let me know what is wrong...
thanks...
Hello Robert, I did what you said but now the problem is when i make selections in the impedance boundary condition they are 'not applicable'. The file is attached could you just check and let me know what is wrong... thanks...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.