Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two - axis gimbal/pendulum, initial angles and forces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I'm trying to model a two axis pendulum system, and I want to apply periodic driving forces to it as well as using initial angles on the pendulum arms. But I'm having difficulty getting it working. I've attached my design as it stands so far, I've got a way of putting an initial angle on the inner gimbal by putting a rotational transform on the model itself, but I'd really like to set it up in the physics if possible. Any time I try to do that it gives a variety of errors though, not sure where I'm going wrong.
(Ok, the system doesn't want to let me attach the model file, is that not permitted?)

Any advice?

1 Reply Last Post 24.02.2015, 09:16 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 24.02.2015, 09:16 GMT-5
So here's where I've got to, I'm trying to add forces, ideally I want harmonic driving forces on all three axes applied to the external frame. How do I keep the frame in place, while letting it move enough to experience these forces?
So here's where I've got to, I'm trying to add forces, ideally I want harmonic driving forces on all three axes applied to the external frame. How do I keep the frame in place, while letting it move enough to experience these forces?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.