Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reaction Diffusion system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone.
I am dealing with a simple problem which involves diffusion of product species (which is produced by enzyme substrate reaction). I am not able to solve this using comsol. i was wondering if someone can help me or send me some materials which can help in solve this problem.
I am basically stuck in the boundary conditions.

3 Replies Last Post 09.02.2015, 04:43 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 08.02.2015, 13:30 GMT-5
Please tell more about your system. Typically in studies like this no flux condition is applied at the domain boundaries. If the reaction takes place on the boundary it becomes a flux condition. Bulk reactions appear in the diffusion equation.

br
Lasse
Please tell more about your system. Typically in studies like this no flux condition is applied at the domain boundaries. If the reaction takes place on the boundary it becomes a flux condition. Bulk reactions appear in the diffusion equation. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 09.02.2015, 04:41 GMT-5
Hi,
The system consist of an enzyme and substrate which makes the product. This product diffuses from one boundary to other. For the beginning I want to consider no flux condition. I will later on solve the problem related to flux and mixed boundary condition.
Hi, The system consist of an enzyme and substrate which makes the product. This product diffuses from one boundary to other. For the beginning I want to consider no flux condition. I will later on solve the problem related to flux and mixed boundary condition.

Posted: 9 years ago 09.02.2015, 04:43 GMT-5
Here is the file explaining the analytical solution of my system.
Here is the file explaining the analytical solution of my system.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.