Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of dilute species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Respected Sir,

I am working on chemical vapor deposition using transport of dilute species module.In the"flux" boundary condition i wanted to enter a non-linear rate expression--0.01*((c2)^0.5)*c where c and c2 are concentrations of two compounds A and B.When i am executing this it is showing the following error
Attempt to evaluate negative power of zero.
- Function: ^
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(d((0.01*mod1.c2^0.5*mod1.c*test(mod1.c))*(dvol),{test@0}),mod1.c2).
I kindly request you to help me as how to enter non linear rate expressions in the transport of dilute species.
Thanx a lot

Yours sincerly
Jayaram
NITW

2 Replies Last Post 06.02.2015, 07:24 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 06.02.2015, 06:01 GMT-5
Does sqrt(c/C0)*c2 work? C0 would be the standard concentration 1 mol/L which you have to define in the parameters list.

br
Lasse
Does sqrt(c/C0)*c2 work? C0 would be the standard concentration 1 mol/L which you have to define in the parameters list. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 06.02.2015, 07:24 GMT-5
I will try sir but what about powers other than 0.5.Most non linear rate expressions have powers other than 0.5 too.Plz help me out sir...
I will try sir but what about powers other than 0.5.Most non linear rate expressions have powers other than 0.5 too.Plz help me out sir...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.