Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Light Propagation in fiber

Manjunatha Muthlajadka

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,
Started to propagate light in fiber 3D with core(n=1.47) and clad(n=1.465) at wavelength=1550 nm. Everything worked as expected. As part of its application thought of adding a medium with refractive index 1 (Tried for diff didn't work) at the end of the fiber. When i simulated again there is totally unexpected results.
Attached png files according to my simulation steps.

When the propagation in fiber found fine i added another medium(with core and clad) with same as previous fiber then the out put was as expected but when i changed the refractive index in second geometry the (Diff from previous core and clad) the propagation was not seen. it is totally altered.

i think there must be done when there is change in refractive index horizontally (At start of 2nd fiber boundary). need help on this.

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 21.01.2015, 06:50 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Manjunatha Muthlajadka

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.