Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Giving material properties as parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I wanted to know if it is possible to give material properties as parameters. I wish to perform a parametric sweep with the dielectric constant as my paramater in an electrostatics model. But I am unable to define the parameters and the error "Unknown variable mod1.mat5.epsilonr" is popping up.

1 Reply Last Post 29.12.2014, 08:26 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 29.12.2014, 08:26 GMT-5
Hi,
I think you can try by the following steps:
1. Define the dielectric constant in Global Definitions as parameter, as e for example.
2. Fill e in the dielectric constant blank in material properties.
3. Add parametric sweep in Study 1, select e and define the range.
Hi, I think you can try by the following steps: 1. Define the dielectric constant in Global Definitions as parameter, as e for example. 2. Fill e in the dielectric constant blank in material properties. 3. Add parametric sweep in Study 1, select e and define the range.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.