Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can COMSOL solve user-defined PDEs that are a mixture of elliptic and hyperbolic equations?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The algorithms for solving elliptic and hyperbolic PDEs are different. If the user-defined PDEs are a mixture of elliptic and hyperbolic equations, can COMSOL still solve them? Is it required that user-defined PDEs have a definite character, for example, be elliptic?

2 Replies Last Post 26.05.2015, 19:30 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 16.12.2014, 15:36 GMT-5
Equation-based modeling can be used quite generally, and is not limited to elliptic, hyperbolic or parabolic equations. Equation-based modeling is documented in the Reference Manual, version 5.0, Chapter 16. You will find a number of examples in the Model Libraries.
Best,
Jeff
Equation-based modeling can be used quite generally, and is not limited to elliptic, hyperbolic or parabolic equations. Equation-based modeling is documented in the Reference Manual, version 5.0, Chapter 16. You will find a number of examples in the Model Libraries. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 26.05.2015, 19:30 GMT-4
hi
I want to couple mixture model with structural. But in mixture model I can't define the loading or displacement induced by structural model. can anyone help me?
regards
hi I want to couple mixture model with structural. But in mixture model I can't define the loading or displacement induced by structural model. can anyone help me? regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.