Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No flux boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello for everybody!

I am a student of Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering, Torino, Italy. I am doing my thesis with COMSOL. The theme of my thesis is an "Application of a FEM simulator in mulltiphase flow in porous media". As a basis I am following the paper of Diaz-Viera: "COMSOL Implementation of a Multiphase Flow in Porous media"

I am trying to simulate with COMSOL a simple multiphase flow model using 1D -PDE, coefficient term-time-dependent analysis.

Let's say that I am injecting water from 1-st boundary and I would like to close the second boundary making "No flux boundary conditions". At the end I should obtain a plot with increasing pressure.

But I cannot set "no flux boundary conditions". Please, help me.
I will attach file with the model where I want to set "No flux boundary condition" for the second boundary.

Thank's in advance.

Best regards,
Marziya Aliyeva

3 Replies Last Post 05.07.2010, 04:18 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.04.2010, 04:45 GMT-4
Hi

There is multiphase module in COMSOL (in Chem Eng) where you can use ready made equations. Also, your problem looks like very similar to an example in Earth Science Module, two-phase, oil-water flow.

Regards
Naveed
Hi There is multiphase module in COMSOL (in Chem Eng) where you can use ready made equations. Also, your problem looks like very similar to an example in Earth Science Module, two-phase, oil-water flow. Regards Naveed

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.04.2010, 09:30 GMT-4
Hi, thank's a lot for your reply.

But I must use PDE models, I shoudl put equations, expressions by myself. After doing it I should compare my model with the other softwares lwhich are based on Finite Difference method. So, that's why I am using PDE models.

Best regards,

Marziya Aliyeva
Hi, thank's a lot for your reply. But I must use PDE models, I shoudl put equations, expressions by myself. After doing it I should compare my model with the other softwares lwhich are based on Finite Difference method. So, that's why I am using PDE models. Best regards, Marziya Aliyeva

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.07.2010, 04:18 GMT-4
Hi everybody,

Can you have a look on my COMSOL model and model description attached below. May be someone can help me with solving my problem.

Please find below the attached Word document with the description of my problem and model.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Marziya Aliyeva
Hi everybody, Can you have a look on my COMSOL model and model description attached below. May be someone can help me with solving my problem. Please find below the attached Word document with the description of my problem and model. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Marziya Aliyeva

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.