Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

imposing object movement on the mesh domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Normally, as stated in the Knowledge Base you can use "boundary guides" to guide the mesh. But, how can I guide the whole domain mesh without internal boundaries, but as a displacement on each node (something like spring method). My problem is that I have a very fine mesh around my boundary and I get easily inverted mesh element with moderate movements. I'm looking for solutions around it.

1 Reply Last Post 24.04.2010, 04:26 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.04.2010, 04:26 GMT-4
Hi

there is a variable to define linear displacement of the mesh (spring type) and a few other types, but it might be only defined in the mems module (I cannot remeber now, and no access to Comsol from home)

read through the advanced mesh settings, or better go once to the advanced meshing course of Comsol absolutely worht it to get kick start (as for the other courses too)

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi there is a variable to define linear displacement of the mesh (spring type) and a few other types, but it might be only defined in the mems module (I cannot remeber now, and no access to Comsol from home) read through the advanced mesh settings, or better go once to the advanced meshing course of Comsol absolutely worht it to get kick start (as for the other courses too) Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.