Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

istallation problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all,

when i insert the comsol dvd and the setup starts, instantly it appears the blue frame of windows with the following statement:

STOP c000021a the windows subsystems is finished with an unexpected error...

my OS is windows xp professional, i have avira antivir as antivirus and online armor as firewall.

thank you

3 Replies Last Post 24.04.2010, 18:22 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.04.2010, 11:14 GMT-4
Hi

if its truely a good genuin DVD that should not happen, but with todays antivir and updates of updates of security patches one never knows, I remember that with Vista, my first installation of COMSOL 3.4 I believe, from the DVD (at the conference) also ended in a blue screen, that was also linked to some of these security settings of the OS

Normally "Support" is there for those issues

Good luck
Ivar
Hi if its truely a good genuin DVD that should not happen, but with todays antivir and updates of updates of security patches one never knows, I remember that with Vista, my first installation of COMSOL 3.4 I believe, from the DVD (at the conference) also ended in a blue screen, that was also linked to some of these security settings of the OS Normally "Support" is there for those issues Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.04.2010, 16:36 GMT-4
the error in the blue screen is:

STOP: c000021a
the error in the blue screen is: STOP: c000021a

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.04.2010, 18:22 GMT-4
the problem was i had windows xp professional without service pack 3...
the problem was i had windows xp professional without service pack 3...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.