Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Overflow of structure by free surface water CFD

Juan Pablo Aguilar López

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm just getting started with COMSOL and I will like to ask what is the best way to model water overflow over a structure while maintaining the water surface as a Free surface. For example the flow over a road with a slope or the overflow over a dike. At the moment I've seen that the configuration used in the sloshing tank might be suitable but it is model assuming a laminar viscous flow and the movement is induced by periodic external forces. I need to build a model able to have inflow and outflow as inputs. Other single turbulent flows are also available but I don't know if I have to couple it with a movable mesh. Any suggestion is highly appreciated as I'm not very familiar with CFD in COMSOL.

0 Replies Last Post 28.10.2014, 07:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Pablo Aguilar López

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.