Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stretching analyze

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
I am trying to model the stretchability of my structure (attached file s-1) in 2D with some certain force applied to one direction (say, x-axis). In my first approach I tried to fixed one end and apply the force in the other end and the result is in attach file s-2.
However, I was not expecting such results. I was expecting that it will show the stretching of the material based on the applied force and present it.
Though I will need to apply the force in two ends (like stretching the material pulling outward by hands), I could not do that. There is more problems need to solve after this. But I am stuck in this step!
I am almost new to the forum and to COMSOL.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 02.10.2014, 07:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shantonu Biswas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.