Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is there any way to copy nodes between models?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I often end up wanting to copy a bunch of nodes from one model to another, and I feel there must be a better way than the brute force method I've been using. Have I been overlooking something simple? Maybe there actually is a copy and paste function between models that I simply haven't figured out how to use? Maybe there is a way to export all the nodes from a model tree and then import them into another model? Maybe there is a way to open two .mph files in the same Model Builder window to make all this easier?

If you know of a way to make this more convenient, please enlighten me. I waste a lot of time with two COMSOL windows open side-by-side, painstakingly recreating a sequence of nodes in the model builder tree of the second model.

1 Reply Last Post 31.08.2014, 00:33 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 31.08.2014, 00:33 GMT-4
Hi,

Frequently I just copy the whole model and then modify the existing nodes to fit the setup of the new simulation.

Regards
--
Dima Apter
www.a2z-consulting.com
Hi, Frequently I just copy the whole model and then modify the existing nodes to fit the setup of the new simulation. Regards -- Dima Apter www.a2z-consulting.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.