Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

stopping of display driver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am using Comsol 4.3. A consistent problem I m facing is that the display drivers suddenly stop when I create field plots in intensive 3D simulation. It sometimes happens while creating 1D plots too.
My system configuration is: processor : i5-2400 CPU 3.10 GHz, RAM 4 GB (3.16 GB usable), OS : windows 7 32 bit, No graphic memory.
Is this sufficient or do I need to enhance my system? Please suggest a solution.

Nishant

1 Reply Last Post 20.08.2014, 02:33 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 20.08.2014, 02:33 GMT-4
I used to have similar problems a while ago, but I was told to change the graphics setting OpenGL to DirectX. It helped at least for me.
I used to have similar problems a while ago, but I was told to change the graphics setting OpenGL to DirectX. It helped at least for me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.