Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ERT- Boundary conditions

Fazlul Rahman Mohd Yunus

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have a circular pipe filled with liquid (sig1=0.3S/m) with diameter of 100mm and at internal wall of the pipeline and I placed 16 steel electrodes to measure surface potential when I injected current (10mA) using the opposite excitation. The objective is to construct slice image from the sets of measurements on surface potential when resistivity changes in presence of gas bubble in the pipe. I apply the poisson's equation and dirichlet boundary condition as shown in the attachment. In the model I used two physics which are electric current(ec) and PDE. Settings which has been done are as follows:
Electric current (ec)
terminal 1= 10mA terminal 2= -10mA
terminal type : current terminal type= current

PDE (c)
Dependant variable qty : electric field (V/m)
Source term qty : current source (A/m^2)

Coefficient form PDE
c=-0.33 (s^3A^2/mkg)
others coefficient =0

Drichlet boundary condition1 (source)
r= ec.normJ/sig1 (V/m)

Drichlet boundary condition2 (sink)
r=-ec.normJ/sig1 (V/m)

Dirichlet boundary condition3 (others)
r=0

I am in a doubt and I would like to know if the settings in COMSOL has fullfilled the attached equation?

Regards
Fazlul

0 Replies Last Post 30.06.2014, 04:05 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fazlul Rahman Mohd Yunus

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.