Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hyperelastic model-License problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to Comsol and totally a beginner in the field of structural models.
I am interested to study the pressure wave flow along an arterial wall. I found a comsol model
www.comsol.co.in/model/arterial-wall-mechanics-14499
which is something similar to my requirements. I read that, they have modeled the arterial walls using hyper elastic material.

I am using comsol 4.3b ( licensed version). When i tried to open this model in my comsol, I got an error saying my license does not support Hyper-elastic materials.

Is there someway, I can make it work ??
Any sort of help is appreciated.

Regards,

3 Replies Last Post 02.06.2014, 08:09 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.06.2014, 02:18 GMT-4
Hi,

Hyperelastic materials require the Nonlinear Structural Materials module.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Hyperelastic materials require the Nonlinear Structural Materials module. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.06.2014, 07:03 GMT-4
hi,
Thanks for the reply.
From where can I get the non-linear structure module ?
I couldn't get from where I can download it.
I downloaded, comsol 4.4 also. Even in that model, they say hyperelastic module is not present

Sorry for the trouble
hi, Thanks for the reply. From where can I get the non-linear structure module ? I couldn't get from where I can download it. I downloaded, comsol 4.4 also. Even in that model, they say hyperelastic module is not present Sorry for the trouble

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.06.2014, 08:09 GMT-4
Hi,

It is a licensing problem, you need the license for the Nonlinear Structural Mechanics Module.

Look under 'Licensed and Used Products', which you can find under 'File' or 'Options' depending on the version you are using.

If there is a problem, contact your system administrator.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, It is a licensing problem, you need the license for the Nonlinear Structural Mechanics Module. Look under 'Licensed and Used Products', which you can find under 'File' or 'Options' depending on the version you are using. If there is a problem, contact your system administrator. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.