Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

density of state in Semiconductor Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to use the Semiconductor Module for graphene FET 2D simulation. Most of the things goes well, but I found a serious problem. The material properties (effective density of state) for the Semiconductor Module is m^-3, but for graphene has the density of state with m^-2, and it is quite hard to convert graphene's density of state to conventional effective density of state. Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

4 Replies Last Post 07.03.2016, 00:41 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.05.2014, 05:34 GMT-4
This is analogous to bulk vs. surface concentration. The common paradigm of converting them to each other is that the standard bulk concentration 1.0 mol/L corresponds to the surface conc. 1.184e-6 mol/m², which can be derived from simple geometric considerations.

Wish this helps
Lasse
This is analogous to bulk vs. surface concentration. The common paradigm of converting them to each other is that the standard bulk concentration 1.0 mol/L corresponds to the surface conc. 1.184e-6 mol/m², which can be derived from simple geometric considerations. Wish this helps Lasse

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.05.2014, 06:14 GMT-4
Hence, if you have DOS of x m^-3 it corresponds to y = x^(2/3) surface DOS.
Hence, if you have DOS of x m^-3 it corresponds to y = x^(2/3) surface DOS.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.05.2014, 19:29 GMT-4
Thank you so much! I'll think about that, try to see if it works. Thanks again!
Thank you so much! I'll think about that, try to see if it works. Thanks again!

Posted: 8 years ago 07.03.2016, 00:41 GMT-5
Hello, I am trying to simulate a MOSFET which has a graphene channel. I am using semiconductor module of COMSOL in this case. But I face some problem here,

I need to define graphene by defining the parameters of Graphene-but I still need some parameter which I am facing difficult to fix. such as-

1. Bandgap
2. Effective density of States of Conduction band
3. Effective density of states of Valence Band
4. What kind of doping model should I use in this case?
5. Electron and hole life time in Graphene.

Can you please help me with this parameters? I need to work on it soon. It will be a great help. Thanks !
Hello, I am trying to simulate a MOSFET which has a graphene channel. I am using semiconductor module of COMSOL in this case. But I face some problem here, I need to define graphene by defining the parameters of Graphene-but I still need some parameter which I am facing difficult to fix. such as- 1. Bandgap 2. Effective density of States of Conduction band 3. Effective density of states of Valence Band 4. What kind of doping model should I use in this case? 5. Electron and hole life time in Graphene. Can you please help me with this parameters? I need to work on it soon. It will be a great help. Thanks !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.