Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to draw the geometry of the tapered fiber

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I try to draw the tapered fiber, but it is difficult to define the cross-section radius of the tapered fiber as the function of the z axis. maybe in COMSOL, the geometry parameters can not be the function of the axis parameters (namely, x, y, z)? How to draw the tapered fiber in COMSOL, thanks a lot!

1 Reply Last Post 23.05.2014, 08:51 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.05.2014, 08:51 GMT-4
Hello Guoyong,

I suggest the following:

- Create a function that defines your taper profile (radius function) as a function of the longitudinal axis r(z). Plot it and make sure it defines the profile you are looking for.

- Use revolve feature, to revolve planar objects into 3D.

cheers,
Felipe BM
Hello Guoyong, I suggest the following: - Create a function that defines your taper profile (radius function) as a function of the longitudinal axis r(z). Plot it and make sure it defines the profile you are looking for. - Use revolve feature, to revolve planar objects into 3D. cheers, Felipe BM

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.