Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error comes during compute

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am design electrostatic cantilever with diferent width and different material but some errors occur i.e
Segregated group2
out of memory during assembly
features : sationary solver 1( sol1/s1)
error : out of memory during assembly

This error occurs when i am change the width from 350 to 380 . The same design for width 350 and same material using the computin create no error . but for 380 width the software show error so anyone help me to solve this problem .

2 Replies Last Post 15.05.2014, 03:26 GMT-4
Daifallah Houssem Eddine

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.05.2014, 15:17 GMT-4
hi Ankur Saxena, i'm designing a piezoelectric cantiliver , with different material and i got problem in material property, in coupling matrix and Elasticity and permittivity (in th image) , please please please can yous help me.
hi Ankur Saxena, i'm designing a piezoelectric cantiliver , with different material and i got problem in material property, in coupling matrix and Elasticity and permittivity (in th image) , please please please can yous help me.

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.05.2014, 03:26 GMT-4
I would think that you have too many nodes on such a larger geometry. Does it help if you use a coarser mesh?
I would think that you have too many nodes on such a larger geometry. Does it help if you use a coarser mesh?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.