Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Generic Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am using the COMSOL 4.4 AC/DC Module to reach the saturation of an electrical steel block with the help of (two) current coils. Therefore I implemented a HB-curve in the materials data for the steel block and created two coils (type: "numeric") with a certain amount of current.
When I start to "compute" my simulation I immediately recieve a error message and the calculation stops:

"Interner Fehler im Auxiliary space Maxwell Löser.
- Detail: Generic error."

Does anybody have experience with this error massage or know the reasons why it appears?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Richard

2 Replies Last Post 14.05.2014, 05:36 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.05.2014, 05:54 GMT-4
Hallo Richard,

I assume you added a "coil computation" node in the Sttudy before the
stationary computation and this works fine.

Did you explictly set the AMS-solver or is this the default choice by Comsol
in your case? You might use something simpler to configure in the first run to
check your model is correct and then later hunt for efficency.

Regards

Jens
Hallo Richard, I assume you added a "coil computation" node in the Sttudy before the stationary computation and this works fine. Did you explictly set the AMS-solver or is this the default choice by Comsol in your case? You might use something simpler to configure in the first run to check your model is correct and then later hunt for efficency. Regards Jens

Magnus Olsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.05.2014, 05:36 GMT-4
Hello Richard,

There are at least a couple of options here:

1) The problem presented to the AMS solver is bad in some sense. For example by the coil current calculation steps yielding an unphysical source current distribution or by the linearization of the HB-curve going wrong. I would suggest plotting the current directions as arrows after the coil current calculation step(s) to see that they make sense. The HB-curve has to be monotonously increasing (local maxima/minima are forbidden) and extrapolate to a finite slope. Check your data and try using linear for both interpolation and extrapolation.

2) There is a bug in the AMS solver.

Especially the second case would be good if we could investigate so please consider sending in the model via COMSOL support.

Best regards,

--
Magnus
Hello Richard, There are at least a couple of options here: 1) The problem presented to the AMS solver is bad in some sense. For example by the coil current calculation steps yielding an unphysical source current distribution or by the linearization of the HB-curve going wrong. I would suggest plotting the current directions as arrows after the coil current calculation step(s) to see that they make sense. The HB-curve has to be monotonously increasing (local maxima/minima are forbidden) and extrapolate to a finite slope. Check your data and try using linear for both interpolation and extrapolation. 2) There is a bug in the AMS solver. Especially the second case would be good if we could investigate so please consider sending in the model via COMSOL support. Best regards, -- Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.