Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Micro Pin-Fin Heat Exchanger

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have a model of a heat exchanger which uses Convection-Conduction and Weakly Compressible Navier Stokes of Chemical Engineering Module. The fluid flow is in single phase (liquid) and laminar. I have a very simple but not yet solved problem.

In this stationary problem a constant heat flux is applied to certain boundaries. At the same time, a fluid flow is set between an inlet and outlet. I have entered the total amount of power to be deliver in Constants and converted it in to heat flux by dividing it to total heated area. However, I check the conservation of energy to validate my simulation.

At the inlet and outlet, I integrate u*rho_chns*C_chcc*T. The difference between these integrations should be the power I am providing by heat flux boundary conditions but the results never come up so.

I think I tried everything (mesh quality, weak constraints, cross-wind diffusion settings in stabilisation tab of chns and chcc modules, solvers). What are the other key points that I should reconsider to have an accurate solution?

I am also attaching the model file. I want to thank in advance to all of you for paying attention.

0 Replies Last Post 05.04.2010, 18:10 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mustafa Koz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.