Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable used in Solver Configuration - where to define?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

To manually set the Maximum Time Step, I would like to link it to the frequency of a boundary frequency.
But I cannot use a variable defined in Global Definitions/Variables or in Component/Definitions/Variables, as both seem to be unknown for usage in the form at 'Study 1/Solver Configuration/Time Dependent Solver1/Maximum Step'
How can I make a variable known at that point?

2 Replies Last Post 20.03.2014, 04:54 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.03.2014, 04:56 GMT-4
Hi,

The value of the maximum time step must be a positive scalar value, which you can express using global parameters (along with numbers and built-in numerical constants and mathematical functions). Variables are not supported.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, The value of the maximum time step must be a positive scalar value, which you can express using global parameters (along with numbers and built-in numerical constants and mathematical functions). Variables are not supported. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.03.2014, 04:54 GMT-4
Ah, Thany You!
I see, it has to be defined in the parameters not in the variables section.
Ah, Thany You! I see, it has to be defined in the parameters not in the variables section.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.