Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message OMP: Warning #2: Cannot open message catalog "1031\libiomp5ui.dll"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

After installing Matlab 10a i had some crash. I found a solution and want to post it here for reference.
I am not able to give a minimum example, but the issue may have something to do with several figure windows
and meshgrid/griddata commands.

A cmd window shows up for a few seconds before matlab shuts down.
The cmd window gives an instruction for solving the issue:

Create an environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set it to TRUE

2 Replies Last Post 21.09.2010, 04:52 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stefan Eidelloth

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.04.2010, 13:51 GMT-4
Thank you, this saved me from a LOT of frustration. The error message came up so quickly, I could never intercept it to find out what it said!

-Kevin Mcilhany
Thank you, this saved me from a LOT of frustration. The error message came up so quickly, I could never intercept it to find out what it said! -Kevin Mcilhany

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.09.2010, 04:52 GMT-4
Hi,

I am getting the same message (below).

Create an environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set it to TRUE

Even a simple line of code( which takes a fraction of a second in normal MATLAB) doesnt now run while using MATLAB with COMSOL.

How do you get aroudn this...
Hi, I am getting the same message (below). Create an environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set it to TRUE Even a simple line of code( which takes a fraction of a second in normal MATLAB) doesnt now run while using MATLAB with COMSOL. How do you get aroudn this...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.