Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

contact mechanics model + eigenfrequency analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm using comsol 4.3b to calculate the contact resonance frequencies of a semi-sphere pressed on a surface (a 3D model). Basically, I have performed a two steps study. The first one is a stationary study. The top surface of the sphere is subjected to a uniforme load. Contact pairs have been used to model the contact between the two bodies (as explained in the Cylinder Roller Contact tutorial). This first study results in an indentation of the sphere into the surface. The second step consists in an eigenfrequency analysis. I want to calculate the resonance frequencies of the system "surface indented by the sphere".

How can I say to comsol to start the second study from the deformation resulting from the previous study?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mel

1 Reply Last Post 17.06.2014, 10:13 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Melania Reggente

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.06.2014, 10:13 GMT-4
I also need the eigen frequency analysis after contact. Please anybody share a simple model or tutorial
I also need the eigen frequency analysis after contact. Please anybody share a simple model or tutorial

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.