Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

node: Results/Datasets/Frame - difference between mesh, geometry,material and space ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Within the results in the node: Results/Datasets/Frame there is the choice between: mesh, geometry,material and space ?

What is the difference and what is used in which case?

In my case only case is different, whild mesh, geometry and material seem to be identical in case of a deformation of the geometry. So the change in case of "space" seems to reflect the physical deformation and seems to reflect the new positions of the mesh-knots after deformation.
But what is the difference of the others?

4 Replies Last Post 19.02.2014, 05:05 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.02.2014, 01:56 GMT-5
Hi,

This is described in the 'About Frames' section in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, This is described in the 'About Frames' section in the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.02.2014, 14:19 GMT-5
Thank You.

Do You mean the "COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide"? (There I find some explanation.)

Otherwise arises the question: Where do I find the "Reference Manual"?
Thank You. Do You mean the "COMSOL Multiphysics User's Guide"? (There I find some explanation.) Otherwise arises the question: Where do I find the "Reference Manual"?

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.02.2014, 02:23 GMT-5
In the 4.4 documentation:

COMSOL Multiphysics->COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual->Deformed Geometry and Moving Mesh->Deformed Mesh Fundamentals->About frames

Regards,
Henrik
In the 4.4 documentation: COMSOL Multiphysics->COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual->Deformed Geometry and Moving Mesh->Deformed Mesh Fundamentals->About frames Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.02.2014, 05:05 GMT-5
Ahhh OK, it's found in the help function of the program, not in a book.

Thank You,
Best regards
Hans
Ahhh OK, it's found in the help function of the program, not in a book. Thank You, Best regards Hans

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.