Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all
I have to simulate a thermal system where the heat depends in a very hard way of the temperature. -To avoid problems i am going to give the heating function as a table. In the script i have 2 vectors: temperature and heat. How can I give COMSOL this vectors ?
I'll try explain me better:
The next code is the code that makes the function and gets the values of the temperature (fcns{1}.x) and the heating funtion (fcns{1}.data)
% Functions
clear fcns
fcns{1}.type='interp';
fcns{1}.name='bucleeif';
fcns{1}.method='cubic';
fcns{1}.extmethod='extrap';
fcns{1}.x={'1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8'};
fcns{1}.data={'2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9'};
fem.functions = fcns;

In this case i give the values manually but i want that the function accept the two vectors where i have the temperature and the heating. Could i do this in a easy way?

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 24.03.2010, 20:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello gonzalo Ferro

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.