Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transport of diluted species in microchannel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am trying to calculate the concentration profile of two species with different diffusion coefficients in a narrow tube. The physics I'm using is " Transport of diluted species" for the default diffusion coefficient
(1e-9 m^2/s) the distribution is a symmetrical parabolic shape with pressure driven flow, but when i use (1e-11 m^2/s) for the second species the distribution is skewed. Does any one has any idea what's happening there?

2 Replies Last Post 17.01.2014, 01:57 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.01.2014, 01:55 GMT-5
Please tell more: channel shape, flow rate, non-slip-conditions?

BR
Lasse
Please tell more: channel shape, flow rate, non-slip-conditions? BR Lasse

Posted: 1 decade ago 17.01.2014, 01:57 GMT-5
Please tell more: channel shape and dimensions, flow rate, non-slip conditions on the balls?

Lasse
Please tell more: channel shape and dimensions, flow rate, non-slip conditions on the balls? Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.