Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition in laminar flow, Failed to consistent initial value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi any body;
I have an static flow at initial time on the solid surface. After t=0; I should exert an external force to the fluid bulk so in this situation my fluid has a motion. Here because the down plate( solid surface) is cold plate so we have not natural convection. For solve my laminar flow equation what is my boundary conditions? I think because at first fluid is static so input and out put boundary condition is pressure (1 atm). I should say that when I write no slide wall for up and down boundary until about 10 N/m^3 flow equation can be solve but more than this value solver write that "Failed to consistent initial value".
Please any body can help me.
Regards;

0 Replies Last Post 15.01.2014, 05:18 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alex Alexian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.