Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Continuation Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How I'm gonna do if I want to simulate a study which uses previous result to continue. For example, I completed 1st study and get the result, then I want to continue the 2nd study (settings on model have been done) by using the end result of 1st study.

Secondly, Is it possible to insert a new geometry when doing 2nd study? Take a stiff balloon for example. In the 1st study, geometry only consists of the balloon, pressure was applied internally to the balloon so that it expands. In the 2nd study, I want to include fluid inside the balloon (a new geometry and new physics). What's the hardest part is the fluid geometry now shouldn't follow the initial dimension in the balloon. Instead, it should follow the new dimension after the balloon has expanded.

Thanks a lot.

CN

2 Replies Last Post 15.01.2014, 22:02 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.01.2014, 02:45 GMT-5
Hi,

yes you can do all this quite simple. In the "Study" node you can add several steps that
can be stationary or transient or eigenvalue or .....

I n each step you can select which physics shall be valid or ignored. You can even fine tune and
go into the physics trees and disable parts of the physics settings.

This is in my opinion one of the nicest feature in Comsol.

Regards

Jens
Hi, yes you can do all this quite simple. In the "Study" node you can add several steps that can be stationary or transient or eigenvalue or ..... I n each step you can select which physics shall be valid or ignored. You can even fine tune and go into the physics trees and disable parts of the physics settings. This is in my opinion one of the nicest feature in Comsol. Regards Jens

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.01.2014, 22:02 GMT-5
Hi Jens,

It would be great if you can give me a simple example model of this.

Thanks a lot.

CN
Hi Jens, It would be great if you can give me a simple example model of this. Thanks a lot. CN

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.