Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

graphical data representation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there a possibility in 4.3a version, to get some kind of section through, for example magnetic field images in selected time steps?
I mean, like it was made in the picture in attachment.

2 Replies Last Post 19.11.2013, 15:53 GMT-5
Bettina Schieche COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.11.2013, 08:09 GMT-5
Dear Mr. Wasiak,

you can create the additional data set "Parametric Extrusion 2D" to be found by right-clicking "Results > Data Sets" under "More Data Sets". Here you can extrude a 2D data set in the time domain and specify, which points in time you want to choose. Afterwards, the data set can be plotted in a 3D Plot Group.

Best regards

Bettina Schieche
Dear Mr. Wasiak, you can create the additional data set "Parametric Extrusion 2D" to be found by right-clicking "Results > Data Sets" under "More Data Sets". Here you can extrude a 2D data set in the time domain and specify, which points in time you want to choose. Afterwards, the data set can be plotted in a 3D Plot Group. Best regards Bettina Schieche

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.11.2013, 15:53 GMT-5
Thank you Ms Schieche,

that helps me a lot.
Thank you Ms Schieche, that helps me a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.