Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

why are parameters not accepted in certain input fields?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I wanted to create a plane for data visualization, using parameters (Plane Type: General; Plane entry method: Point and normal). As the attached figure shows, I can use parameters for 'Point', but I can not use parameters for 'Normal'. I believed this is because sin(bending_angle/2) is dimensionless, so I tried bending_radius*sin(bending_angle/2), it did not help either. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you
Daniel

1 Reply Last Post 08.11.2013, 04:45 GMT-5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.11.2013, 04:45 GMT-5
What you are doing should work but doesn't because of a bug. Parameters can be used in this edit field, but not parameters with units.
What you are doing should work but doesn't because of a bug. Parameters can be used in this edit field, but not parameters with units.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.