Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to define three different particles?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Am simulating a micro-sorter to sort the blood cells. I have used Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow to define my cell. I wanted to define three sizes of cells, so as to analyse how they flow and get sorted inside my micro channel. Could somebody help me to define three different diameter and particle density.

Thanks for the help

Lalitha

4 Replies Last Post 02.10.2013, 05:24 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.09.2013, 23:32 GMT-4
I wanted to define three(atleast two) different particle for my study.
I have tried using

particle density=if(particleindex<50,1069,3900)

particle diameter= if(particleindex<50,6E-6,15E-6)

Also i have tried using some equations like this
1E-6+IF(random(particleindex)<0.5,0,2E-7)

But i could not create different kind of particles. Someone pls share your idea on this
I wanted to define three(atleast two) different particle for my study. I have tried using particle density=if(particleindex

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.10.2013, 04:45 GMT-4
Would any question be ever responded in this forum?
or Is that I have asked a absurd question?
Would any question be ever responded in this forum? or Is that I have asked a absurd question?

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.10.2013, 05:17 GMT-4
Hi,

Don't say that nobody answers the questions, please. But you can try to answer other's questions. We, people here, try to participate, although we could do more ...

Your question is not absurd, but surely most of us are interested in other topics.

Why you simply don't add more "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" nodes? It seems that each node is for only one particle. You know: go to your model node, right click and choose: "Add Physics". You can add as many "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" nodes as you need, one per each particle.

There is a related thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/32626/
Hi, Don't say that nobody answers the questions, please. But you can try to answer other's questions. We, people here, try to participate, although we could do more ... Your question is not absurd, but surely most of us are interested in other topics. Why you simply don't add more "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" nodes? It seems that each node is for only one particle. You know: go to your model node, right click and choose: "Add Physics". You can add as many "Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow" nodes as you need, one per each particle. There is a related thread: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/32626/

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.10.2013, 05:24 GMT-4
Hi Jesus Lucio,

Since am a new user of comsol, I felt i cant proceed further without someone's help.
Anyways, thanks for your suggestion and let me try doing that

Regards,
Lalitha
Hi Jesus Lucio, Since am a new user of comsol, I felt i cant proceed further without someone's help. Anyways, thanks for your suggestion and let me try doing that Regards, Lalitha

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.